You should by now have received your invitation to the JCS Masquerade Party, SATURDAY 9th SEPTEMBER
at the Checkers Resort and Conference Centre. With only 4 weeks to go
– make sure you book your tickets and reserve your seat on your table of choice. First out of the blocks are U1stM in the lead with almost a full table and a second one ready to go, L1stB and the School Executive are hot on their heels and 6T are close behind. Years 2 & 3 and 4K and 5CD have yet to reach the starting line J Let’s see how the leader board changes over the course of this week!https://www.trybooking.com/298221
If you have any questions about the evening or tables (they seat 8-10) please drop me an email and I will be happy to help you.
The evening promises to be a lot of fun and a chance to catch up with your friends and alumni at John Colet. There will be a photo booth to get some silly photos with your friends and a disco to dance the evening away. Of course there will be silent and live auctions happening during the evening and we will be giving thanks to Mrs Donald and Mrs McKendrick for a lifetime of service to John Colet.
A huge thank you to the volunteers who are making this all happen. I have been blown away by the wonderful help and support that has been offered. Verity Earl
is doing a sterling job approaching numerous businesses for auction items. Sonja Clement
, Rachel Jones
and Libby Levey
are also approaching businesses for auction items too. The class parents are doing a great job putting together some very desirable hampers / gift bags. Julie Laarman, Carty Haverhals
and Tereza Berkemeier
are helping with decorating the room. It was a member of Cheryl-Lynn’s
team that designed the invite and is helping with other artwork. Cherry Hopley
set up Trybooking and will help set up on the day as will Denise Catt
. Mel Armstrong-Jones, Andrew Earl
and John Brogden
will be helping on the night. There is always room for more help with obtaining items to auction – so if you would like to help let me know and I can tell you who we have already approached. If anybody is interested in helping to photograph and write up the auction items for our catalogue I am all ears J.Children’s Mask Decorating Competition
We thought it would be fun for the children to be involved by running a Mask decorating competition, there will be prizes for Primary and Infants and the masks will be used to decorate the room on the night. Masks for decoration will be sent home with the children next week and a leaflet emailed home with more information on the competition.This week’s Auction Items Spotlight – Children’s Activities
- Manly United FC – 2 spots at their September School Holiday camp and a signed player’s shirt
- Netball Camp – 2 days school holiday camp
- Tennis – Evolve Tennis will be donating some time in their holiday camps
- Number Words N Works – Mona Vale & Dee Why - A term’s maths/English tuition
- My Kids Art – we are hoping to secure holiday spots for here
If you know of any other children’s activities you can approach that we can get to donate please let us know.
Please contact your class parent if you have any questions and they can forward them to me.
Lastly, a reminder that the next P&F meeting is Monday 21st August
Have a great weekend.