||'SAUSAGE' ROLLS (vegetarian)
||CHEESY TOMATO RISOTTO
Dairy, egg, lactose, gluten and wheat free and vegan options provided daily.
This week we spent most of the week in the ‘Freezeway’ Outdoor kitchen in the sunshine, rain & cold.
Even with the tribulations of the ever-changing weather, the ladies and students had great fun reliving lunch on the lawn or snuggled in their classrooms.
I'd like to take this time to thank each and every lunch lady, Mum and Dad that helped out in the set up and delivery of lunch this week. It is a huge effort from everyone to serve outside every day.
Many parents have asked for the recipe for the vegetarian sausage rolls
. My recipe is for 400 rolls, so here is my closest calculation to a normal serve;
1 440gr can chickpeas
1 cup cottage cheese
1 large onion
1 cup oats
½ cup bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian herb mix
1 Tsp soy sauce or tamari
3 60gr eggs
S&P (if desired-I don’t use salt)
3 pieces of puff pastry (any brand you like)
2 Tsp Milk- for glazing or olive oil spray
1. In a food processor, place chickpeas, onions, cottage cheese, soy sauce and eggs. Process well.
2. Add oats, bread crumbs, herbs, S&P, pulse until combined. The mix should be wet but solid. If too dry add a little H2O and pulse. If too wet, add a handful of oats and pulse.
3. Makes 12 rolls. Cut each piece of puff in half. Spread even amount of mixture down both length. Roll and cut in half. Repeat 3 times.
4. Glaze with milk (or olive oil spray).
5. Place in a 200oC oven for 8-12 mins.
6. Note: if freezing bake for 7-8 mins, cool and freeze. Reheat in 180oC oven for 10 mins. This way you will not burn the pastry and they will be crisp.
7. Intolerances – change or remove anything – it still works!!!