Open Day is coming!
On Sunday 26th May we open the school to our families, friends and local community. Fun, food and friendship are on the agenda.
Open Day Information
We are now full steam ahead for the Open Day on Sunday 26th May.
The primary purpose of the Open Day is to showcase the school, a secondary purpose is to fundraise. The overall goal is for all children (whatever age) to have fun. These principles have set the tone for the planning of the activities and stalls.
Open Day Schedule
|9.00am||Children to classrooms to prepare for performances|
|9.00 – 10am||Stall set-up|
|10 -10.45am||Children’s performances on main stage|
|11am – 3pm||Fair Fun. See the full list of Stalls below.|
How do school parents help make the day a success?
1. Each family will be rostered on for a shift on their class stall (except for parents with other Fair Day responsibilities). Rosters will be released at the start of Term 2. The class stalls are listed below.
2. The whole school community is being asked to bake treats to be sold on the Gourmet Goodies Stall being run by 5th class. Before the fair all school families will be provided with cake boxes and cellophane to package your treats, which are to be delivered to the stall on the day of the Fair. Popular items include, muffins, cupcakes, slices, biscuits, jams and savoury goodies. Gluten free items are always popular too.
3. Have you a keen baker in the family? The Cake Baking Competition at the Fair is open to everyone, alumni, children, parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles etc. As well as the kudos of winning one of the categories, every cake is included in a silent auction run throughout the day. So each cake entered raises funds for the school. Details and entry forms for the Cake Baking Competition are in this link.
4. Donate your pre-loved books to the year 2 Second-hand Book Stall. Donations can be left in the old art room. More details of what is and isn’t being accepted here.
5. 20 different organic seeds are available from The Living Fundraisers stall, a mix of herbs, vegetables and flowers in easy care mini greenhouses or self-contained pots. Pre-order your “garden in a packet” for collection on Open Day, orders close 8th May.
For more information about the Fair and Open Day and Art Show check out the Frequently Asked Questions and the key dates summary below. Please remember to park considerately of our neighbours’ needs.
For any other questions please contact your class parent(s) in the first instance.
|5th||Gourmet Goodies Stall|
|4th D||Popcorn and community game|
|4th K||Food – assistance for Donna Moor including Tea Room|
|3rd N||Cleaning crew 1, during and after. Duck pond.|
|3rd R||Food – assistance for French cafe|
|2nd||Second-hand book stall, badge making and wandering wizards|
|Upper 1st classes||Coconut shy|
|Lower 1st classes||
Ticket sales, Mind, Body and Spirit bookings, raffle tickets. Cleaning crew 2 (if extra assistance is needed)
|Other Stalls||Colet Community café|
|Cake Baking competition||JC Kitchen|
|Board of Governors||Tea Room|
|Mind Body Spirit||French café and fresh produce|
|Henna Art||Asian food|
|Castle Under Siege||External stalls|
|Living Fundraisers||Planet Entertainment|
|Baska-Jon Fine Foods||Allergy friendly food|
|Library books||Chutneys and jams|
Other food not included above:
Key dates summary
|Tuesday 30th April||Entries close for children’s art show|
|Term 2 start||Rosters published|
|Wednesday 8th May||Last day to pre-order seeds from the Living Fundraisers stall|
|Friday 17th May||Cake boxes and cellophane distributed|
Sunday 19th May
|Flinders House Working bee|
|Monday 20th May||Last day to drop off second-hand books|
|Thursday 23rd May||Entries close for the cake-baking competition|
|Friday 24th May||Art Show opening|
| Sunday 26th May
||Fair and Open Day and Art Show 10am – 3pm|
| Monday 27th May
||Pupil free day|