Thinking about Multiculturalism
Both 2nd classes, 2M and 2C, explored the concept of ‘multicultural’ as part of our History unit this week. They created role plays to solve the following dilemmas/problems:
- A friend is in a wheelchair and is sitting in the playground alone. What can we do?
- Someone wants to pray at the beginning of recess. What do we do?
- Someone is celebrating Holi and we do not understand what this is. What can we do?
- We see two friends having an argument. What can we do to help?
- We see a Lower First child in an out of bounds area. What can we do?
- An adult is visiting the school and cannot speak English. How can we help?
Mrs McDermott and Mrs Connell