- 3rd Class N is doing the first half of the Macbeth. There’s a witch scene, a stabbing (poor Duncan), the discovery of a grisly murder, a coronation, a ghost scene and a lead who’s starting to go mad. Ghosts and gore, what more could you want?
- 3rd Class R is doing the second half of Macbeth and also staying true to the original time period. The play features a dramatic death scene (Lady Macbeth), a frightful battle (between the armies of Macbeth and Macduff), a glorious final victory and justice for all.
- 4th class K is performing The Merry Wives of Windsor which is a play that John Colet hasn’t performed for many years. We’ve set it in the late fifties early sixties in the style of the Mad Men series. We have a great song and dance routine using the 1962 hit single by The Marcels “Blue Moon”.
- 4th class D is doing As You Like It, but as you’ve never seen it before, set at Rydell High School in the fifties a la “Grease”. Some of the action takes place at the drive in and there’s dancing to those memorable crowd-pleasers “Greased Lighting’ and “You go together”.
- 5th class is doing Richard III, in which after years of war, the country is at peace, all parties and jolliness. Sadly the King is ill, and his youngest brother Richard is an evil force. Watch while murder and mayhem sabotage prosperity and peace in the British Isles, all set to a theme redolent of Nazi Germany.
- “6th class is performing Midsummer Night’s Dream with a twist. Imagine Hobbit/Lord of the Rings meets Bill Shakespeare and you’re getting the gist of it. Can Rude Mechanicals become Hobbits? Or Athens transform to an elven Rivendell? Come along and find out on performance night.”
Performance details and times are as follows:
Venue: Glen Street Theatre, Glen Street, Belrose
Bookings: To book go to www.glenstreet.com.au
Click Box Office to book tickets. This is the preferred and quick way to book tickets.
If you are unable to book online please Phone: 9975 1455.
Bookings Open From Monday 14th October
|Thursday 31st October||7 pm||4th Mrs Kearney||Merry Wives of Windsor|
|Thursday 31st October||7 pm||4th Mrs Dawson||As You Like It|
|Thursday 31st October||7 pm||5th Mrs Dunn||Richard III|
|Friday 1st November||7 pm||3rd Mrs Navidi||Macbeth|
|Friday 1st November||7 pm||3rd Mrs Renshaw||Macbeth|
|Friday 1st November||7 pm||6th Mr McDermott||A Midsummer Night’s Dream|
Children & Concession: $15
Family Ticket – 2A + 2C $75
Concession includes seniors/pensioners/full time students and children 16 years and under.