Speech Night Information for Parents
Please note on this day School will finish and Students will need to be picked up from School at 12.00pm
Date: Tuesday 5th December 2017
Time: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
Primary Children are to arrive by 4.45pm at the latest.
Infants children are to arrive at 5.00pm at the latest.
All children are to report directly to their teacher on arrival.
The Concert Hall on the Concourse
409 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood
There is a council operated car park immediately below the venue. Entrance is Ferguson Lane via Archer Street.
Additional car parking options are available at Westfield and Chatswood Chase.
Where to Enter:
There will be some Concourse staff to help and some signs in the lifts.
Ground Floor Level: via Victoria Ave at box office level
• No direct entry to concert hall from that level.
• You will need to use the internal lift or internal stairs to Level 1.
Level 1 (Concert Hall stalls) All students and some parent seating
• Accessed via internal lifts or internal stairs from car park and ground floor.
• Accessed from external stairs from Victoria Avenue
Level 2 (Concert Hall dress circle) Parent seating
• Accessed via internal lifts or internal stairs
• Front Row Stalls: Mostly reserved seating for staff and speakers and their partners.
• Stalls from second row: The students will be seated downstairs in the stalls from the second row with their teachers. This will take up two thirds of the downstairs stalls.
• Remaining stalls behind students: Remaining rows of the stalls are available for parents and families.
• Dress Circle Upstairs: Available for parents and families. Adults sitting upstairs above the podium from which the speeches are made, will not be able to see the speakers.
• Upstairs choir stalls behind stage: Please leave these vacant.
What to wear:
All students are to wear full summer uniform including blazers, hats and caps – no jumpers. 5th and 6th class boys are to wear grey shorts with long grey socks..
Shoes clean and polished
Uniforms clean and in good order
Hair neat. Navy blue ribbons, scrunchies, clips etc for girls
Correct coloured socks ( short yellow for senior girls, long grey for senior boys, short white for K-4 girls, short navy for K-4 boys)
All 6th class office holders to wear all their badges
There will be a printed program with more details on the evening.
• Procession: John Colet Choir
• Speeches: P&F President, Board of Governor’s Chairman, Headmaster, Head Boy, Head Girl, Art Prefect.
• Prizes and Awards: Class prizes, special prizes, trophies, house shields etc
• 6th Class 2017 Graduation
• 2018 Office Holders announced
• Come All Ye Faithful & National Anthem: Whole school and audience
Collection of children after event:
All children must be checked off on the class roll by their class teacher.
Pick-up points will be published in the program.
After the event, please be aware that the children will be in uniform representing their school.
Parent/student pick up information is detailed below: