|Thurs||PUMPKIN or TOMATO SOUP
(with garlic croutons)
Vegan, dairy free, egg free and gluten free options always provided.
It can be difficult to help a fussy eater move forward into new foods. Here are a few tips to try.
- Have a child size apron and get them involved in the meal preparation. Children are more willing to eat their own food.
- Have colourful crockery and cutlery. Brighten up a plain meal with fun designs to help reduce anxiety.
- Have a highly visible fruit bowl and don t stop them from helping themselves. Personal choice is key to helping children break food boundaries.
- Get an apple slicer. It cuts and cores in one go. Easy fruit!!!
- Buy a few healthy kids’ cookbooks that don t say Healthy in the title.
- Finally, relax yourself around food times. Children pick up on your anxiety and feed it straight back to you. If you have really fussy eaters try to get 4-7 new foods into them per year. Many clinical advisers suggest this low number to make it easier on everyone. 99% of us grow up and into food. Oh yes &and you re not alone.