|Mon||NASI GORENG AND ASIAN GREENS|
|Wed||SOUP AND GARLIC BREAD (Primary students please bring a packed lunch for swimming carnival)|
|Thurs||EGG SALAD ROLLS|
Vegan, gluten free, egg free and dairy free options always provided.
The food bank report of 2015, Hunger in the Classroom , suggests that students that do NOT eat a well-balanced breakfast can lose as much as 2+ hours of learning time every day.
The other thing we find is that most people believe that breakfast is a quick small meal that is eaten on the run. It is not. It should be the largest meal of the day.
Try these suggestions to keep your kids going-
- 1-2 eggs, scrambled with any vegetable they will eat (eg mushroom and tomato) or tofu, on wholegrain toast + a small piece of fruit with natural yoghurt.
- 1 Weetbix with milk and Ω banana + a boiled egg with soldiers.
- Muesli with fresh berries and yoghurt- prepared the night before.
Points to remember-
- For any non-vegetarians, adding in or swapping lean breakfast protein is another alternative.
- You can also prepare breakfast the night before, ready for heating.
- If you must eat and run, grab an apple and a prepared protein toastie in a napkin, or the above muesli, and fly.
Head of Kitchen