|Mon||CARROT AND PUMPKIN SOUP with garlic and rosemary croutons|
|Tues||MAC ‘N CHEESE|
|Wed||BAKED ZUCCHINI RISOTTO with apple muesli crumble and ice cream|
|Thurs||CHEESE AND SALAD ROLLS with berry jelly|
Dairy free, egg free, gluten free and vegan options always provided.
This week I have been experimenting with some new recipes and inventions for the students lunches. On Thursday, we had Cheese and Spinach Scrolls which the children devoured in a taste test. Once I have worked out the logistics of such a feat we will add it to the menu. This week they will be trying my Apple Muesli Crumble.
Here’s a tip for Winter some of the best family recipes take only one pot. Don t wear yourself out, warm yourself up!
One-pot recipe Broccoli Orecchiette
Serves a family of 6
1 x 500 gr bag of Orecchiette pasta
500gr broccoli (small florets)
2 shallots (small rounds)
1 bag baby spinach leaves
1 x 600 ml of thickened cream
3 Tsp of parmesan cheese
250grs cottage or feta cheese (crumbled)
1 Tsp garlic
1 Tsp oil/butter
1. Boil pasta as per instructions. 3/4 way through cooking, add in the broccoli and boil until both tender.
2. Drain and leave in strainer.
3. Add the oil or butter to pan, heat.
4. Add in the shallots and garlic and cook for 30-40 sec, until you smell them.
5. Return the pasta to the pan with all remaining ingredients.
6. Stir through, season (salt/pepper) to taste and serve.
Head of Kitchen