Great news: we welcome Ms Madalaine Renshaw as the second teacher for our entry level class, Lower First, but only for a month. Ms. Renshaw will be working with Ms Marley over the next four weeks, settling them in and establishing the two classes. Ms Renshaw is herself an ex John Colet Student, and indeed did her Teacher Internship with us and has been a casual supply teacher at JCS in the past few years. She is currently here on a one-month visit from Bordeaux, France, where she is going to live and teach.
We are hoping soon to be in a position to announce details about the teacher who will be taking up this position with Lower First.
Thank you to parents who have returned the Clubs Behaviour Contract. Details of the Clubs are on our website.
Pick Up Zone: Last week we published information from Warringah Council on the roads management aspects of this. Could we also mention the following:
- the official time for pick up is 3.10-3.30 p.m.
- drivers should not get out of their cars: teachers will load the children
- please do not park in this area: it holds up the flow and is subject to a heavy fine if caught
- No conversations with teachers please it also holds up the flow: call another time
- Please pass this on to anyone else (e.g. grandparents, au pairs) collecting the children
Another related safety issue: we respectfully ask that you and anyone else delegated to collect the children, use the designated safety crossing, particularly as an example to the children of the correct procedure, and of course for the safety of all.
Practice for the Primary Swimming Carnival has begun don t forget to come and cheer on Wednesday 24th February.