The school walkathon is the first big event on the P&F calendar for 2015! The walkathon will take place on Friday March 20th at 1:00pm on the Wyatt Avenue oval opposite the school.
As well as being a successful fundraiser, the walkathon is designed as an enjoyable afternoon for all involved. I would encourage all parents and friends to come along and cheer on our walkers! Your support will make a difference!
For the benefit of Lower First and families new to the school, the walkathon works as follows:
- A sponsorship form is attached to the back of this newsletter and will be included in the weekly newsletter over the following weeks.
- Each child is encouraged to gain sponsorship pledges from family and friends either on a per lap or a one off basis.
- On the day of the walkathon, parent volunteers from each class record your child’s laps. You will receive your child’s lap tally result the week after the walkathon.
- The school holidays is used to collect your pledges.
- We accept cash or cheque (made out to John Colet P&F) in an envelope with your child’s name and class clearly marked. We ask that you do not use the direct debit facility for walkathon funds.
Please deliver all money raised to the office by the second Friday of Term 2.
The P&F looks forward to a successful and enjoyable day.
Please feel free to call me on 0403 586 233 if you have any questions.