Working at John Colet School
John Colet School is a co-educational primary (Lower 1st to 6th class, i.e. K-6) school in Belrose, on the Northern Beaches of Sydney. The school’s Vision, Mission and Values (VMV) are stated on the website.
John Colet School is a multi-faith school with a strong emphasis on character development and spiritual ideals. The school values are stillness, truthfulness, courage, service and respect. The school has a record of achieving high academic results; and also has a commitment to an enriched curriculum for all students which includes an annual Shakespeare Festival, choral singing and classical and modern languages.
We are happy to receive resumes from teachers looking for casual or relief teaching. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drama Teacher passionate about Shakespeare
Part-time 2 days start January 2023
The school has an opening for a part-time (2 days) Drama Teacher to teach Shakespeare only. The successful applicant will ideally be available to commence Term 1, 23 January 2023, for orientation and planning purposes.
- Teaching qualifications, as recognised by the NESA is preferable
- Experience in teaching drama and specifically Shakespeare to primary age children an advantage
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents and teachers;
- High level organisational and time management skills.
- Co-ordinate and choreograph the School’s Shakespeare Festival for K-6
- Co-ordinate costumes and make-up
- Liaise with teachers for scripts, casting and timetabling rehearsals
- Liaise with theatre for bookings, lighting and sound
- Compete in Eisteddfods when possible
- Demonstrate the love and enthusiasm for children and teaching Shakespeare;
- Enthusiastic to uphold the ethos, values and traditions of the School;
- Performing other duties, as assigned, such as playground and bus line duties.
An application addressing the selection criteria, full CV, copies of qualifications, academic transcripts and names of two referees should be sent to email@example.com
4.00pm, Friday 2 September 2022 John Colet School reserves the right to close applications early if an exceptional candidate is found.